|NOW, as a mother of a boy, I understand this poem!|
Over the past month I've found myself saying the most strangest of phrases to my son! To me, a girl, they are strange - to my partner they are amusing - possibly because he may well have heard these phrases himself when he was a lad.
Boys are made of slugs and snails and puppy dog tails - I always thought this was a bit harsh on boys when I was younger - oh hell NO! In fact that mixture is rather pleasant!! More like boys are made of snot and worms and puppy dog bumholes!
|Our Caterpillars, safe in their tubs and not in my son's mouth......|
These are the phrases I found myself saying in the last 6 weeks that made me stop and say to myself 'Oh My Days did I really just say that'...........
* Stop licking the floor!
* Stop poking the dog's bum!
* I'm not talking to you until you stop playing with your willy!
(I'm sure I've said this one to his dad a couple of times too....)
* Stop tasting the dog's food!
* Whatever you're doing stop eating it!
* Stop putting your finger up my nose.
* Get that Lego out your bum!
* Did you just feed the dog your boogies?
|Either one of them will eat an ice-cream, boogies or a worm!|
And one that I heard daddy say ....
* Put it away and stop playing with your balls!
|Snot, Sea air and Crabs|
Never a dull moment and I wouldn't have it any other way.
|I love this boy. Slugs, snails, snot and all|