One of my good friends recently posted the image shown below over on Instagram and I loved it, admired it and stored it away in my brain under lovely.
I then looked at my rather boring bits and bobs drawer and my friend's image popped into my head and that is when I came up with the crazy idea that I'd cover my unit with Harry Potter pages. Now I say crazy as me and craft work just do not mix, at all, at least, that's what I thought at the time! My last project were the rock monsters which were basically painting pebbles with smudged pen marks, maybe in a few years time I'll revisit that disaster!
So I went down to my local charity warehouse in Lancing and picked up Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for 50p (my favourite book) and very carefully pulled the book apart and armed with a bucket load of Mod Podge glued the pages to the unit.
Whilst the unit is only a small piece this did take me some time to complete as it was done in the evenings once the little one was asleep.
I found this wonderful website overthebigmoon.com which had potion label templates and I used this to put on the front of the drawers and all looked fabulous..... but.....
Due to putting layers of paper on drawers which are already nice and snug in the unit means the drawers will no longer go back in the unit!!
Very calm partner puts heavy chest and box on the drawers to flatten the paper - a lesson for next time - use that flat thingy that he gave me that looks like a credit card to flatten the paper better than the palm of my hand!
Two days later I finally get over my strop and wahey the drawers now fit back in the unit.